Ex-Bangladeshi Prime Minister Says US Orchestrated Her Ouster to Control Strategic Island - Counter Information

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Sunday, August 11, 2024

Ex-Bangladeshi Prime Minister Says US Orchestrated Her Ouster to Control Strategic Island

Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina greets the gathering during an interaction with journalists after official election results gave her a third straight term, in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Dec. 31, 2018. - Sputnik International, 1920, 11.08.2024
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Former Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has accused the United States, in a letter published on Sunday, of orchestrating her ouster after she refused to give up the sovereignty of the strategic island of St. Martin.
"I could have remained in power if I had surrendered the sovereignty of Saint Martin Island and allowed America to hold sway over the Bay of Bengal," the letter obtained by The Economic Times read.
Hasina said last summer that Bangladesh would not lease the island, without specifying the details or the interested party. US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said days later that the US had never mentioned plans to take control of the island.
Hasina said she chose to step down "so that I did not have to see the procession of dead bodies" and urged the South Asian nation not to be manipulated by radicals.
"If I had remained in the country, more lives would have been lost, more resources would have been destroyed. I made the extremely difficult decision to exit," she wrote.
An anti-government protestor vandalises a portrait of Bangladesh's founding father Sheikh Mujibur Rahman as others set the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum on fire in Dhaka on August 5, 2024. - Sputnik International, 1920, 06.08.2024
Analysis
US-Backed Leader to Take Over Bangladesh
Deadly protests erupted across Bangladesh after the announcement of a multi-day "non-cooperation action" with the authorities by the Anti-Discrimination Student Movement on Sunday. Clashes between students, police, and government supporters escalated into riots that reportedly left more than 440 people dead. Hasina resigned amid the unrest.

https://sputnikglobe.com/20240811/ex-bangladeshi-prime-minister-says-us-orchestrated-her-ouster-to-control-strategic-island-1119724753.html

Counter Information publish all articles following the Creative Commons rule creative commons. If you don't want your article to appear in this blog email me and I will remove it asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Uncovering The Mainstream Media Lies

Pages