
© AFP 2023 / LILLIAN SUWANRUMPHA
MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Former UK Foreign Secretary David Cameron said that he would not hold the post of foreign minister in the shadow cabinet of the UK Conservative Party.
"It’s been a huge honour to serve as Foreign Secretary, but clearly the Conservative Party in opposition will need to shadow the new Foreign Secretary from the Commons. So I told Rishi Sunak that I would step back," Cameron said on X on Monday.
Cameron added that the role of shadow foreign secretary had been given to former Foreign Secretary Andrew Mitchell.
On Friday, David Lammy was appointed as the new foreign secretary of the United Kingdom in the cabinet of Prime Minister Keir Starmer, following the Labour Party's victory in the general election.
https://sputnikglobe.com/20240709/david-cameron-to-give-up-role-of-shadow-foreign-secretary-1119304805.html
Counter Information publish all articles following the Creative Commons rule creative commons. If you don't want your article to appear in this blog email me and I will remove it asap.


No comments:
Post a Comment